Friday, January 29, 2010

Ah yes, rejection

Inevitable, I know. Also, it isn't like I haven't seen a thousand of them before. The standard form rejection email.

Thank you for submitting your work to blahblah magazine. Unfortunately we will not be selecting your story for publication. We wish you the best of luck in the future. Yours, blahblah editor.

Still, it's never nice to get a rejection. There's that nervous feeling when the "new email" thingy pops up. That hope. It's similar to how I feel when watching the lottery draw, ticket in hand. Could it be me? I'd like to think I have a better chance of getting more pieces of writing published than winning the lotto though (not that I've given up buying tickets or anything of course; a chance is a chance).

This one was another rejection. Made me miserable for a bit but fellow writers and friends helped cheer me up :-)

So, onwards, submit the story elsewhere, and keep hoping (and checking those lotto numbers...) - maybe the next one will be an acceptance.

No comments: