Saturday, March 20, 2010

Busy, oh so busy...

So I've been so busy lately that I've been neglecting my internet addiction! Here's an update:

I've been off the smokes since Monday 8th of March. Nearly 2 weeks! Few times I was seriously grumpy and felt like I wanted to kill everyone and cause great, menacing destruction of everything in the known universe. Feeling a little better now though. Especially the not waking up with phlegm. Phlegm is vastly overrated, especially first thing in the morning.

Had three essays to write. 3000 words each. Got most of them done. Might need to rewrite one of them as I think I lost the plot halfway through and started rambling. I am definitely prone to doing that. Rambling. Rambling is also a word for walking and I do that too...see what I mean? Hehe.

Got another story published! In brand new literary and art magazine, Oblique Quarterly. Go take a look! I've barely had a chance to look at it myself but the look of the magazine is absolutely beautiful and, well, I'm in it, so of course it's good! A story by E. J. Tett appears in there as well. Definitely worth a look!

Went for a lovely long walk on the beach today...and forgot my camera! Not like me, I'm usually the annoying person who always has a camera. But somehow I forgot it today. Pity, as the sky was blue and so was the sea. Noticed a few daffodils trying to come out as well (not on the beach, obviously - the daffodils were on the roadside), so Spring really is finally here! About time too.

Hmm, what else...been watching Lost, great that Jack isn't in half the episodes, but after a bright start where they answered a few things, not an awful lot has happened. Hopefully they pick up the pace and start to tie up all the loose ends shortly. We want answers, damnit! And they seem to be going down the biblical route, which isn't the greatest option they could have chosen. But maybe I'm biased on that.

3 comments:

Em said...

Dude, phlegm? Ew.

Joleen said...

Hehe! Well it wasn't really that bad, I exaggerate a little to make it sound more interesting or graphic or something. But that's kind of what a smoker's cough is, extra phlegm that makes you wheeze and cough.

Em said...

Again, ew.